Australia is indeed the most preferred destination among immigrants who wish to go to a foreign country to work or stay. It is a developed nation that provides several opportunities to skilled individuals. Australia is undoubtedly a beautiful country to live and work in. There is cultural diversity, good working environment, social security, high salary, great growth prospects and well-designed infrastructure.
There are various channels through which an individual can go to Australia. You can find some of the most common categories of the visas mentioned below:
- Permanent Visa: Permanent Visa is extended to foreign nationals who wish to stay permanently in Australia for work. This Visa is mainly given under 2 categories, viz. Subclass 189 Visa and Subclass 190 Visa.
- Study Visa: Study Visa is given to those who wish to obtain a degree from an Australian college or university
- Visitor Visa: The Subclass 600 visa is allotted to people who wish to travel to Australia as tourists, either for recreational purpose or for business-purpose like, visiting conferences, general inquiries etc. It is also issued to people who are visiting their family members and will be staying temporarily for some time.
- Business Innovation and Investment Visa: Business Visa is given to entrepreneurs who want to start a company or expand their businesses in Australia. The visa is allotted under two subclasses, viz. 188 and 888. Under subclass 188 visa is provided provisionally while permanent resident status is given under subclass 888.
- Partner Or Spouse Visa: Partner or Spouse visa is given under Subclass 100/309.
- Work Visa: The Australian Working Visa is issued to skilled individuals who wish to stay, temporarily or permanently in Australia for work. There are two types of work visa issued by the Australian authorities, viz. Skilled Migration Visa and Sponsored Work Visa.
- Work and Holiday Visa: This type of Visa is extended to individuals of age group 18-30 years who want to work temporarily in Australia while they are on a holiday. The Work and Holiday Visa is given only to citizens of participating countries like Bhutan, Myanmar, Nepal etc.
How to get Australian Visa?
Australia follows the point-based system for allotment of visa to immigrants. To migrate to the southern country you need at least 60 points. The points are gained throughout the application and selection process. For instance, if you have a good score in IELTS, then you will be awarded points between 0-20. The time period within which visa is allotted differs from the type and category of visa an applicant is applying under. However, it takes at least a month for the concerned Australian Immigration authorities to allow it.
The application for immigration is made with the Department of Immigration and Border Protection. It can either be made online by visiting its website or through a registered agency like Visas Assured. Applying for the visa through reliable immigration consultants is recommended as they help you get hassle-free results.
What is the Eligibility for Immigration to Australia from India?
Australia’s precisely designed immigration policies and the well-organized system makes it an uncomplicated process for any kind of visa. The policies are transparent and the system is streamlined. An individual must have the required eligibility. He/She must:
- Be under the age of 50 years. For instance, if an individual is between 18-24 he’ll be given highest number of points, that is, 25
- Possess a minimum required score of 6 or more in the IELTS exam or an average score of 65 in PTE Academics exam. The highest points are for candidates who have a score of 8 in each ability
- Must have skills assessment completed from the concern assessing authority
- Must obtain sponsorship or nomination from an Australian Government office. This is important for those candidates who are applying under the category of sponsored Visa
- Select an occupation present in the list of Skilled Occupation List (SOL) or Consolidated Skilled Occupation List (CSOL) as provided by the Australian authorities
- Submit an Expression of Interest (EOI) online with the Skill Select
- Must have a minimum required experience in the occupation the candidate wishes to work
- Must not have any criminal record and be a good character individual
- Be of good health and must not suffer from any fatal disease
- Lastly, a candidate must score a minimum of 60 points based on various selection factors like age, work experience, qualifications, IELTS score etc.
What is the Australian Immigration Process?
The Australia immigration process is well-defined. The secular country doesn’t discriminate on the grounds of race, religion, gender or caste. The process is simple and straightforward.
- The First step is skill assessment which the applicant must get done from the relevant assessing authority.
- The next step is to choose the occupation you want to pursue from the list of SOL or CSOL as provided by the Authorities from time to time. If the occupation you want to pursue is present on the list, mark it and submit.
- This step is applicable only for those candidates who are migrating to Australia through sponsorship or nomination. Those applicants must get a nomination letter from either the Territory or State Government of Australia. It is important to get the sponsorship else your visa will be rejected.
- Subsequently, all visa applicants must submit their Expression of Interest online with the required English language cores obtained via IELTS or PTE Academics, at Australian Immigration website. An individual can either apply directly or through a professional consultant. Using a Consultant is helpful as he is there to guide and assist you in every step of the process.
- If all the documents are in place and there is no flaw, an invitation will be sent to applicants post which they must submit their visa applications within 60 days of receipt of the invitation.
The process is quite easy but if you are hesitant about applying for it directly, then contact Visas Assured or fill up our free assessment form to get a call back from our expert. You can also e-mail us at email@example.com We are qualified Australia Immigration Consultants and will assist you in every possible manner.