Skilled Nominated Visa Subclass 190 is a type of permanent resident visa that is allotted to foreign nationals who wish to migrate to Australia. This is an invitation only visa that allows migrants to live and work for as long as they want. Skilled Nominated Visa, as the name suggests is extended to skilled individuals who either have nomination from a Government office or sponsorship from an Australian citizen or permanent resident. The visa is allotted under subclass 190 of visa program. It is the oldest type of visa and many individuals apply through nomination to get quicker entry in the Southern Continent.
If you too are looking forward to migrate to Australia through nomination or sponsorship, then you have come to the right place. At Visas Assured we take care of all kinds of Visa needs of our clients. We have been providing visa consultancy services for years and have a long list of clients success stories. We have extensive knowledge on Australia's immigration policies, its selection process and sub classes considering which the visas are granted. At Visas Assured, we assure you that you will get highly knowledgeable consolation for the each aspect of your case and dedicated services.
What are the eligibility requirements Skilled Nominated Visa Subclass 190?
According to the immigration policies of Australian Department of Immigration and Border Protection, an applicant must possess the following to become eligible under Skilled Nominated subclass 190 visa program:
- The applicant must have minimum points of 60 in his overall profile evaluation.
- The candidate must not be older than 50 years.
- He must obtain a minimum score of 6 or 65 in IELTS or PTE Academic Exam respectively.
- The individual must not have any outstanding debts while submitting his Expression of Interest (EOI). If he is liable to pay any loans, then he should either pay them or arrange for its repayment.
- The applicant must select an occupation he wishes to pursue from the Consolidated Skills Occupation List (CSOL) rolled out by the Department of Immigration.
- Then the candidate must get his skills assessed from a recognized assessing officer mentioned in the CSOL, opposite the name of occupation he has chosen.
- The applicant must have an overseas work experience of at least 3 years in the profession he wishes to pursue.
- The individual applying for visa under Skilled Nominated subclass 190 visa must possess a letter of nomination or sponsorship issued by a State or Territory Government Office or his family member or relative.
- The applicant must have submitted his EOI online with Skill Select, a program used by the Department of Immigration.
- The candidate must live in the Australian territory or state for at least 2 years after issuance of visa.
- The candidate must not have any chronic and fatal health issues.
- The applicant must be an individual of good character without any criminal background.
If an individual fulfills all the above mentioned conditions, he will be able to apply for Skilled Nominated Visa 190.
What are the benefits of holding visa under Skilled Nominated subclass 190 ?
Skilled Nominated subclass 190 visa offers permanent resident status to visa applicants. Being a permanent resident an individual can avail various benefits. They are:
- He can stay and work in the country for as long as he wants.
- He can travel freely throughout the country without any restrictions.
- He will be able to enjoy social scheme benefits, subsidies etc. rolled out by the Government from time to time
- The individual can sponsor family members and relatives for temporary or permanent stay in Australia
- He can avail medical facilities at subsidized rates
- He can also educate his dependents at subsidized domestic rates
- Moreover, an individual holding Skilled Nominated subclass 190 visa can apply for citizenship of Australia after staying for a specified time in the country
Fees of Skilled Nominated subclass 190 visa
The application fees required to be paid by an applicant is AU $3,670. It is mandatory to be paid by the applicant at the time of submission of expression of interest. The visa fees for dependents below the age of 18 years is AU $920 while for those who are 18 years or above the fees is AU $1,835.
Apart from this there are other nominal fees to be paid for medical examinations, police check etc. either to the authorities or consultancy firms like Visas Assured.
How to apply for Skilled Nominated subclass 190 visa?
The application process to obtain Skilled Nominated subclass 190 visa is quite simple and straightforward. The first step, which is also a litmus test, is getting enrolled for PTE Academic Test or IELTS exam to assess English proficiency of a candidate. If the score obtained is at least 65 or 6 in PTE Academic exam or IELTS respectively, then he can move on to the next step.
The second step is to choose an occupation from the CSOL as furnished by the Immigration Department which he wants to pursue in Australia. Once that is done, the applicant must get his skills verified from the assessing authority mentioned in the List opposite every occupation. The skills must be suitable to the occupation he has chosen to pursue.
The next step is to apply for the letter of sponsorship or nomination. If the candidate is absolutely sure that he has or can achieve at least 60 points in his profile evaluation, he should submit his Expression of Interest with Skill Select, the online tool of Immigration Department.
Once application is submitted you will have to wait till you get an invitation from the Department to apply for visa. The applicant must apply for visa within 60 days of receipt of invitation. The application must be accompanied with all the essential documents as asked by the Department.
Processing Time for Skilled Nominated subclass 190 visa
It generally takes upto 4 months to process visa but that can even extend up to 2 years, post which the EOI expires. If you are below 50 years of age you will receive an e-mail from the Department asking you to submit another EOI if you still wish to migrate to Australia. You must then submit a fresh EOI.
Getting a Skilled Nominated subclass 190 visa is easy if you are skilled and there is demand for a particular set of skills in the country.