Good job opportunities can take you to any place around the world and for that you might be forced to leave your family behind. Thousands of people have gone through this tough decision, so they can migrate to a foreign country and earn handsomely. Many people have chosen money over their family and left their dependents behind. But you don’t need to bear the pain or leave your dependents as Canada Immigration has various programs through which an individual can migrate along with his family.
Canada is developed nation that constantly requires skilled labour. Every year it publishes its requirement in the National Occupations Consolidated (NOC) List. Prospective applicants who are eligible as per the eligibility requirements of the Department of Immigration and skilled in either of the jobs mentioned in the List can apply for immigration. Canada is an abode of various market leaders in industries like, aerospace, ship building, agriculture, defense etc.
How to migrate to Canada?
Visa applications for immigration to Canada can either be submitted directly on the portal of Immigration, Refugees and Citizenship Canada (IRCC), Canada’s immigration department or with a recognized and renowned visa consultant like Visas Assured. We have been in the business for years and have helped hundreds of clients settle abroad. Get in touch with us and avail high quality services at cost-effective prices. While there are consultants who only make false promises, we believe in delivering. Ours is a client-oriented firm and work progressively hard to earn their satisfaction.
There are various channels through which an individual can apply for visa but the most used channel is Express Entry System. This is a premium channel that is not only faster than other programs but it also offers permanent residency. There are a number of federal and provincial programs under the Express Entry System. In order to qualify for visa under this system a candidate must score at least 67 points in his overall profile evaluation. The evaluation includes assessment of age, educational qualifications, work experience, language proficiency, etc.
Once an application is evaluated and points are allotted, it is put in a pool with all the other applications. Then a draw is carried out and shortlisted candidates are sent “Invitation to Apply”.
Sponsoring your family
Canada believes in unification of family members and therefore runs the Family Class Sponsorship visa program. As the name suggests, a candidate can sponsor and take his family along with himself to Canada. The Family Class Sponsorship consists of a variety of programs under its umbrella, namely:
- Spouse of Common Law Partner Sponsorship Program
- Dependent Child Sponsorship Program
- Parents or Grandparents Family Class Sponsorship Program; and
- Provincial Family Class Sponsorship
Who can avail this option?
The sponsorship feature under Family Class Sponsorship Programs can only be availed by an individual who is more than 18 years old and is either:
- A Canadian citizen; or
- A permanent resident of Canada
The citizen or permanent resident must be financially sound and be able to support the stay of his or her relatives for the period they are in Canada. The period of stay varies from 3 to 10 years depending upon the relationship of the individual with the sponsored member. It is however worth noting that if a sponsored family member of an individual had asked for financial assistance from the Canadian Government in the past, then such an individual cannot sponsor any other person.
Eligibility of spouse or common law partner
An individual can sponsor a person as his or her spouse or common law partner, if he or she is:
- More than 18 years old
- Is legally wedded to the individual or is in a common law relationship
- The individual should possess marriage certificate issued by the country to which they originally belong. In case they were married in Canada, then a valid marriage certificate from the concerning state, province or territorial government should be obtained.
- In case the marriage took place in an embassy or consulate, then the certificate should be obtained from the country where the embassy or consulate is located. A certificate from the country which is represented by the embassy or consulate is not considered valid in such a situation.
- The individual must be in good health.
- He or she should not have any prior criminal record.
Eligibility of dependent child
A dependent child can only be sponsored by his or her parent if he or she is:
- Not older than 22 years
- Not married or has a common law partner
- In case the child is older than 22 years of age, then he or she must satisfy either of these 2 conditions, viz.
- Is engaged in full time studies.
- Is and has been financially dependent on his or her parent prior to attaining 22 years of age.
- Involved in ongoing full time studies
- Financially dependent on his or her parent before getting married or having a common law partner
Eligibility of any other relative other than parent or grandparent
Other relatives include brothers, sisters, nephews, nieces, grandsons and granddaughters. An individual can sponsor:
- Any or all of the above mentioned relatives if they are orphaned and have not attained 18 years of age yet. Moreover, the relative should not be married or be in a relationship with a common-law partner.
- Any relative irrespective of his or her age or relationship status but subject to the condition that the individual doesn’t have any living spouse, conjugal partner, parent, grandparent, brother, sister, niece, nephew, son, daughter, sibling etc. who cannot be sponsored under the Family Class Sponsorship Program. Additionally, the individual must not also have any relative who is a Canadian citizen, permanent resident or registered under the Indian Act.
- Accompanying relatives of the above-mentioned relatives like, spouse, common-law partner, parents etc.
Permanent residency to Canada isn’t cheap. An applicant not only needs to pay visa application fee but also needs to pay an amount of CAD 490 per applicant for permanent residency. The visa fee is as follows:
- For principal applicant the fee is CAD 475
- If the principal applicant is less than 22 years of age and does not have a spouse or common law partner then the fee required to be paid is CAD 75. The fee is same for dependent children, orphaned siblings, orphaned grandchildren, orphaned niece, nephew etc.
- For relatives above the age of 22 years or younger than 22 years but having a spouse of common law partner the fee is CAD 550
- For relative less than 22 years of age and is not married or has a relationship with common law partner is required to pay CAD 150
The processing time of visa under the Family Class Sponsorship Program varies depending upon the nationality of the applicant. However, it might even take around 18-24 months of time to process applications and shortlist the final list of candidates.
If you too wish to immigrate to Canada along with your family then visit Visas Assured and avail the benefit of prompt services. Either fill in this form or give us a call at 011-49579999 or mail your query on email@example.com and our highly trained executives will attend to your shortly. We are thorough professionals who provide excellent quality services at a competitive price. Visit us today to fly hassle-free to the Maple Country with your family.