As stated earlier, Canada has one of the easiest visa programs in the world. Some of the more well-known and popular programs are the Express Entry System, Provincial Nominee Programs, Quebec Skilled Worker Program, Federal Skilled Workers Program etc.
Most of these programs screen Canada PR Visa applicants by a points-based calculator. In order to successfully apply for the Canada PR Visa, you must score a minimum number of points. You are awarded these points based on your age, qualification, skills, employment history, language skills, the qualifications and skills of your spouse and a few other criteria.
Benefits of Canada PR Card
If you want to avail of permanent residency in Canada, you must possess a valid Canada Permanent Residency Card. It helps you in the following ways;
- You can enter and exit the country as many times as you wish.
- Live and work in the country indefinitely.
- Take up any course in the country.
- You can avail of the social and health care programs of the country.
- You are protected under the Canadian law and the Canadian Charter of Rights and Freedoms.
You cannot, however, run for a political office and neither can you apply for a job which requires a high-level security clearance from the Canadian authorities.
Canada Permanent Residency Visa Process
You need a Canada PR card if;
- If you are a Canada Permanent Resident (including a child)
- If you are planning to travel outside Canada
- If you are returning to Canada by a commercial mode of transport
- Before applying for Canada PR Visa, you will be asked these questions;
- Are you eligible to apply; -If you want to come to Canada for work, education, or travel, visit etc. then you must choose an appropriate visa program. Later, you may be asked questions related to age, nationality, education, family background, skills that you possess, employment history etc. Based on the answers, your eligibility to get a Canada PR visa will be judged.
- Apply to immigrate to Canada; – There are numerous Visa programs, select one of these to apply. Some of the programs are Federal Skilled Workers Program, Quebec Skilled Workers Program, Provincial Nominee Programs, Start-up Visa, Family Sponsorship etc.
- Hire a representative- If you are unsure about your availability, then we suggest that you hire a representative who can help you in the Canada PR Visa process. There are some representatives that do not charge any fees.
- Prepare for the Canadian life- Get a job offer from a Canada based employer, learn English / French and get your skills appraised by a qualified skill assessor.
- Check about your inadmissibility
- Protect yourself from frauds
- In case your application is rejected, appeal your immigration decision.
Different Types of Visa Categories
Please check the appropriate visa category that is applicable to you;
Express Entry or Skilled Immigrants Program
This is the most popular immigration program and the most organized too. It screens eligible candidates for Canada PR based on a points-based calculator.
The Express Entry Program manages the following economic immigration programs like;
The province of Quebec is one of the most industrialized regions in entire North America. Many aerospace, IT, automation and oil -based companies have their headquarters in Quebec region.
It is estimated that in the coming years, many people in the Quebec workforce will retire. To meet this gap, the Quebec government will be allowing immigration to many skilled people from around the world. Please visit our office to determine your eligibility for this program.
- Investors, Entrepreneurs, and Start-up Visas- are applicable to those businessmen who are willing to invest in Canada.
- Family Sponsorship Visas
- Live in caregiver visa
Canada PR eligibility points-based calculator
This calculator determines your eligibility to apply for the Canada PR Visa programs. Broadly, this calculator assesses the applicant on the following criteria;
- Age- The maximum points that you can score under this criterion is 110.
- Education- In this case, you can score a maximum 150 points.
- Languages Proficiency- the Maximum score is 160. The main languages spoken in Canada are English and French.
- Work Experience in Canada- 80 points is the maximum that you can score in this criterion.
Spouse or Common-in-law partners- If you have a spouse that is accompanying you to Canada, then the above factors come into play again. If he/she possesses the skills mentioned above, the primary applicant benefits in this system.
Bonus Factors- The applicant can score additional points in the case;
- He/ she has a job offer from a Canada based employer
- He/ she has been nominated from a Canadian province or territory
Please note that the points-based calculator is used in the Express Entry system.
Requirements for Canada Permanent Residency
- You need to fulfill the following criteria for obtaining the Canada PR card;
- You should not be a Canadian citizen
- You should not be on the effective removal order list of Canada
- The applicant must be living physically in Canada
- The applicant must not be convicted under an offense related to the misuse of the Canada Permanent Residency Card
- Meet the permanent residency requirement of Canada/ be a permanent resident of Canada
How to apply for Canada PR
Please write an email to us at firstname.lastname@example.org
Alternatively, you may schedule a visit to our office on the address below;
510, 5th Floor, Ansal Tower 38,
Nehru Place, New Delhi - 110019
To assess your eligibility for Immigration to Canada, may we request you to fill in the following form. Once you have filled it up, we shall revert to you within 1 working days.